Tuesday, February 23, 2016

Skincare post 101 : Sensitive Skin Issue

So, i decided besides blogging about product review, i will tell you some useful tips about skincare and makeup that i knew. The first of all i'm going to tell you about sensitive skin because i happened to have it last year. 

So what is sensitive skin? How can we determine we have sensitive skin or not? Let's check this questionary first : 
1. Your skin feels dry everytime without moisturizer
2. Even after washing your face, your skin feels like being stretch
3. You skin is likely to develop bumps and can turn into cystic acne
4. During cold days (it can be rainy season or winter) your skin feels itchy
5. During cold days your skin can develop dry flakes 
6. You experience a burning sensation sometimes (without being expose to the sun) 

If you answer 4 out of 6 questions, you may have a sensitive skin. But to be sure, you can contact your nearest skin doctor to make sure the type of the skin you have. 

I have a very very dry skin and because i like to change skincare routine, i develop sensitive skin as well. 

My skin is super dry! So let me tell you my experience, when i was a kid during the puberty age, i had so many acnes and oily skin (i was lazy to wash my face). My mother bought for me a cleansing foam and a toner from indonesian brand (S..iayu lime cleansing foam and toner) i used it for few good months. 

My pimples were clear i did not develop any acne anymore and i kept using it until one day, when i had washed my face and were about to go to bed, i felt my forehead skin moved it self and formed a touchable wrinkles! Yes! I felt wrinkles all over my forehead! I was only 11 years old and naturally i can not develop wrinkles yet! I quickly washed my face with water and another face wash but i forgot the name and thank God the wrinkles dissapeared. (I guess it is kind of a temporary reaction of my skin) 

But since that time, i can't develop oil. Seriously, if you pat my skin with oil paper, you can see no oil and my face feels so dry all the time. The good side is i rarely develop acne and my pores are not that big. I only experience acne if i encountered some products that do not suit my face or when i was in stress, the total acne i got during a year can't be more than 10 pimples. 

So last year, i got sensitive skin because i change products everyday. I got a tons of skincare samples and i want to try them all! Haha. I layer 7 to 8 products at once and actually layering methods is not just that simple, but i will discuss it in the next post. 

There are few things that sensitive skin should stay away from such as ; 
1. Harsh exfoliator and too frequent of doing it
It can damage your skin and makes your skin develops much and much bumps and irritation. The ideal frequency for exfoliate your skin is once in a week

2. Do not use whitening product for a while
Whitening products tend to exfoliate in a chemical way no matter how mild it is, if you keep using whitening product, the irritation will not stop

3. Use your skincare in patting motion
When you apply your skincare, make sure you pat it on your skin not rub it in circle motion since it can trigger your sensitive skin. 

4. Use products develop specifically for sensitive skin 
For this time, just focus on healing your sensitive skin and those pimples or cystic acne. I used the face shop calming seed series last year and it has done a great job! 




5. Use aloe vera extract to soothe sensitive skin
I owned a tube of nature republic aloe vera soothing gel but it has no match for the real aloe vera. Since i live in tropical area it is very easy for me to find aloe vera. You just need to cut the aloe vera and let the juices come out, then spread it on affected area, you will feel a burning and stinging sensation but after you waited it for few hours and washed it, your red and irritated skin will be gone. 



I proud to say in this 2 months, my face is not sensitive anymore but just dry (LOL) but i'm happy since no bumps appear and i do not feel itchy on my skin anymore. 

Hope this post will help you! Thanks

No comments:

Post a Comment