Thursday, April 9, 2015

REVIEW : ETUDE HOUSE OH MY EYE LINE #black

I don't Know why do people rave about this eyeliner which is a major fail according to me. 
I bought this last year and it has been with me for such a long time so i can assure you about the content that i'm about to write.

First, i attracted to this product simply because its from etude and last year i was all about etude house. (I still do until now but in more sane degree) the price was considerably cheap. I bought it for Rp 65.000 but you can find it online for Rp 50.000-40.000. 

It's one of my early korean product and that time i was amazed by the shape. It has a long handle with a thin and sharp brush. Perfect for drawing thin line. And the eyeliner liquid was contained in a small curvy pot. The color is matte black.

When i first tested it (pardon me) it looked great. I could draw a thin line on my eyelash and everything seemed to be fine. The color was black enough for my liking. But day by day i started to doubt this eyeliner because it flaked. It was really bad. I used it for two hours and when i checked the mirror, most of the line has gone leaving a hard dotting untidy line along my eye lash line. Yes! The eyeliner was harden.

I still continued to use it because i thought maybe this was just how it worked and my eyelid tends to get oily since i'm using bb cream all over my face.

But, when i bought my nature republic and tried it, i was like oh my God what did i just miss all this time? Oh my eye line was a terrible mistake compare to the nature republic since my nature republic doesn't smear off and flakes away eventhough it is not a waterproof type. 

Next, i'm going to complain about the handle. It's just too long. I can't draw a perfect wing just because the handle block me from the mirror! And for a beginner, i really do not recommend you to try this product because it is just so hard to dry a wing eyeliner with such an inappropiate handle design. I stopped using this product a while ago but few days ago i tried it again because i wanted to make this review. And my hand started to shake (truly!) i'm not used to it anymore and that caused my hand to shake. 

And since then i never use it anymore. And this is not my opinion only. When i asked a makeup artist to do my makeup last year, i saw this product on her beauty case and i asked her wether it was good or not and she said it was terrible, (see! it's not my opinion only) she bought it out of curiosity and she never used it anymore. 

I love etude house but this product is a major fail. And actually, the price is not that cheap. I can find maybelline eyeliner for only Rp 17.000 and works great as well. 

Pro : 
1. relatively cheap price for korean product
2. Cute design

Con :
1. Flakes off
2. The handle is too long
3. Not long lasting
4. A big no no for makeup beginner 

Rating : 1/5

1/5 = this product should be burned to ash
2/5 = Cause Me some problems
3/5 = neither good not bad
4/5 = good product but not good enough to get full mark
4.5/5 = Very good product but can not get full mark due to Its price
5/5 = Super good and definitely worth to buy


No comments:

Post a Comment